I love breakfast food more than anything else in the world. If my house was burning down and I had a beautiful stack on French Toast or pancakes with warm maple syrup and my husband and I would only have time to save one of them. . . . Well, I would really have to think about it.
JK, French Toast I love you.
What I don’t love is standing over the griddle, making pancakes while the stack gets cold next to me. That is one of the great things about this recipe; everyone gets to sit down to a nice toasty pancake at the same time.
Skillet Blueberry Pancake
I love pancakes, but I don't want to stand over a griddle. This is a delicious recipe for a skillet blueberry pancake that comes together fast!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled for a bit (plus another tbsp for the skillet)
- 3 tbsp sugar (plus some for sprinkling)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1 cup (or so) of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or another oven-proof skillet) in the oven to warm up with the oven.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk, and egg. Then combine the flour and egg mixtures together until just combined. Don't over mix!!
- Take the skillet out of the oven and swirl a tablespoon on butter in the pan coat. Pour in batter and smooth evenly skillet. Sprinkle those blueberries in the batter, then sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden (about 25 minutes). Sprinkle with confectioners sugar for serving (if you are feeling fancy). Serve with syrup and your breakfast meat of choice.
adapted from a recipe found in Martha Stewart.
Like what you read? Pin this post for later!
Leave a Reply