Hey! I’m Cassie.
For years I have been in search of a particular kind of lifestyle blog. One where they talk about food, books, homekeeping, minimalism, and DIY projects.
But also where you can have a frank discussion about overwhelm, FOMO, and feminism. And where to get products for your face and hair that aren’t filled with weirdly unpronounceable crap.
I was looking for the people that like to garden, but also like to say inside binging Parks and Rec re-runs. Or maybe they like to cook but also, sometimes, hate to cook. Or homebodies that also like road trips.
In case you were wondering that description up there is me. It has been years since I cared about what I should be doing. I walk my own path while wearing my Stay Weird t-shirt. And I don’t give a shit what anyone thinks about it.
My goal is to inspire you to simplify every day. And simplify both your home and life. This blog is influenced by my hatred of clutter, my love of old things, my milk-hauling husband Jesse, my sisters and their crazy kids, and the beautiful bluffs and farm fields of the corner on Minnesota that I call home.
I write about food, the never-ending remodel of our old farmhouse, tips, and tricks for being a lazy gardener and homesteader, and how to simplify the day to day.
Other things of note about me:
- I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor. Don’t try to shame me. I regret nothing. The End.
- We have no kids, but 11 nieces and nephews.
- My mom died three months before we got married.
- I have an odd tendency to name things: non-pet animals, vehicles, my robot vacuum. His name is Derek.
- I love books, beer, and cheese. And my husband. Not necessarily in that order.
- I live the house that I grew up in. It is over 150 years old and needs lots of fixing. Check out our never-ending list of to-do projects.