Mid-January is when the reality of winter in Minnesota starts to set in. The solstice may be behind us, but the seemly endless days of winter are ahead of us. And we don’t even have any holiday parties to look forward to.
That is when cabin fever sets in, and it can be pretty gross.
Here are 15 ways to beat off cabin fever, because spring is still a long way off, friends.
- Visit a greenhouse and buy some pants.
- Get some seed catalogs and plan next year’s garden.
- Go on a weekend getaway.
- Get a daylight lamp.
- Take a walk (or snowshoe) in the woods.
- Plan a summertime road trip.
- Start a new hobby.
- Organize your pantry/garage/basement.
- Hold a cozy dinner party.
- Bake/Cook something new and time-consuming.
- Take an online class.
- Home spa day!
- Browse a bookstore
- Kitchen Dance Party while making cookies. (This might be something that I just do, but . . .)